Decorating and furnishing a new space is a full-time job in itself. This is the case for those who have to arrange a living space for their family, roommates or simply themselves. While you’re in the process of moving in, you likely do not have the resources, and certainly not the energy, for an intricate, home-cooked meal. However, takeout may not be feasible for the third night in a row. This is when comfort foods like TikTok’s viral TikTok ramen come in handy as a gourmet-tasting rendition of this classic comfort food.
TikTok Ramen gained popularity as a quick and easy way to prepare ramen noodles with various creative twists. It involves using instant ramen noodles as a base and then adding various ingredients or seasonings to enhance the flavor. TikTok ramen is a quick and easy recipe involving ingredients that you likely packed up and have stored away in your new spice rack. However, the blend of these ingredients and the special instructions on preparing this cheap meal make it feel restaurant-made.
Here is a Simple Recipe for TikTok Ramen
1 (or 2) pack(s) of instant ramen noodles
2 cups of water
1 tbsp of Butter
1 tp of garlic (chopped or minced)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
Optional: Any additional toppings you like such as sliced vegetables (mushrooms, spinach, sliced green onions for garnish, etc.), cooked meat (chicken, beef, tofu), cheese or hot sauce for added flavor.
- Cook the noodles: Add the instant ramen noodles to the boiling water. Cook them according to the package instructions, usually around 2-3 minutes. Once done, drain well.
- Prepare Toppings: While the noodles are boiling, prepare any additional toppings you want to add to your ramen. You can sauté vegetables, cook meat or prepare any other desired ingredients.
- Heat the butter and add garlic: Heat the butter in a pan on medium heat then add in the garlic. Once the garlic is soft, add in the brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Add the noodles to the pan: Add the drained noodles to the pan and mix them around.
- Add the egg: Turn up the heat to medium-high or high and scramble an egg. Push noodles to the side of the pan or take them out the pan to do so.
- Garnish: Sprinkle sliced green onions or any other preferred garnish over the ramen. Add any extra desired seasonings.
This is a basic recipe inspired by Stephanie’s for I am a food blog. You will likely see recipes that are similar when scrolling through videos on TikTok ramen in the app. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors to create your own unique version.
- 1It’s Black Business Month, So Let’s Go Shopping and #BuyBlack!
- 2These Home Decor Items Will Instantly Make Your Space Look Outdated
- 3Black-Owned Home Decor Stores To Support Across the United States
- 47 Black and Multicultural Designers To Follow For Design Inspo
- 5A Look Inside Elon Musk's Tiny $50,000 House
Whether it’s luxury or ease, every area of your home should be as fabulous and unique as you.
by Melody Beuzelin | September 17, 2023
FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM
Find us on social for more home inspiration where culture, personal style, and sophisticated shopping intersect to help you create a home where you love to live.