Housewarmings are a tradition that people from all over the world practice. They provide an opportunity to celebrate new beginnings and make your house feel like home. But when it comes to choosing housewarming gifts, many people are left scratching their heads.
How much is too much to spend on a gift? Will they actually use it? Are gift cards appropriate for the occasion? These are questions you might have when considering what to purchase for a new homeowner. Fortunately, there are plenty of gifts to decide on so that you can choose the best one for your loved one.
How To Choose Housewarming Gifts
The most important thing to remember is to choose a gift that has meaning and reflects the personalities of your loved one. Here are some ideas for housewarming gifts that will show that you care:
- Kitchenware – A set of cooking or baking utensils is always useful in any kitchen. Whether they love to cook from scratch or prefer microwaving meals, kitchenware is sure to be appreciated!
- Plants – Liven up the house with house plants that help freshen up their home. There are a variety of house plants to choose from, so pick something that adds color and warmth to their house.
- Artwork – Gifting your loved one artwork that reflects the new homeowners’ style is a unique way to celebrate. Browse art galleries or online stores for pieces that fit perfectly in their space.
- Home decor – From wall hangings to area rugs, there’s no shortage of housewarming gifts for those who love interior design! Find something special that speaks to the homeowner’s taste and complements their room’s ambiance.
- Grocery basket – Fill a grocery basket with all kinds of goodies like condiments, snacks, and drinks. It’s an ideal housewarming gift that will make the new house feel like home.
When it comes to shopping home decor for loved ones, the possibilities are endless! Think outside of the box and pick something special that you know they’ll love. With these ideas, your housewarming gifts are sure to please!Jump to Products
1Cheese Board and Knife Set
For the one who enjoys hosting, this bamboo cheese board and knife set has everything they need!
Each set includes a removable magnetic holder, four serving knives and utensils, two ceramic serving bowls, a matching round bamboo fruit tray. It also includes a convenient decorative box that the set comes in so you don't have to worry about gift wrapping.To top that off, it comes with a free guide offering creative ideas for decorations. So your loved one can enjoy their artisan board along with a glass of wine for an unforgettable night in or a romantic beachside date!
2Metal Wine Cork Holder
Searching for the perfect gift for wine enthusiasts? This Metal Wine Cork Holder is an ideal housewarming gift! The high-quality metal letters can hold multiple wine corks without the use of adhesives. And if your loved one isn't a big wine drinker, they can still put this cork holder to good use. That's because the product also works well when filled with festive decorations such as seashells or flowers.
The Metal Wine Cork Holder is handmade from durable metal and finished with a glossy black paint. It also is super easy to set up — simply mount your Metal Wine Cork Holder with the included eyelets, and you're good to go!
3Burlap Drawstring Wine Bag
Are you looking for the perfect way to gift wine? Look no further than this Burlap Drawstring Wine Bag from BDANTUMBLER! Made from natural linen, this bag is reusable and beautiful - perfect for holidays, birthdays, weddings, and especially housewarmings.
This bag is designed to accommodate standard wine or champagne bottles with a capacity of 750 ml or 1 L. And its drawstring closure means no need for gift wrap! Not to mention, it's printed with eco-friendly materials and advanced technology, so you can feel good about your purchase as an environmentally-conscious shopper. So whether you're using it for personal storage or as a gift, the Burlap Drawstring Wine Bag is sure to please.
4Stemless Wine Glasses
If you're searching for something stylish and modern to hold your beverages, take a look at these stemless wine glasses from JBHO! They're made of high quality, lead-free glass, plus have a unique diamond-inspired shape that makes them really stand out.
Even better, they're dishwasher safe and suitable for refrigerators and freezers, making them perfect for everyday home use. Plus, the modern design allows your drink to aerate as it's poured, giving it a delicious taste that'll keep you and your guests coming back for more. Whether you're enjoying whiskey, vodka, tequila or something else, these glasses are sure to impress.
5Funny Decorative Doormat
For the practical joker in your life, this hilarious doormat is the perfect way to keep your floors clean and your guests entertained! Made from premium-quality, non-woven fabric, this doormat is both durable and stylish. And for you and your guests' safety, it includes an anti-slip plastic bottom to ensures that it stays in place — making it functional and practical as well.
This doormat is also heat-resistant to maintain its integrity and shape in even the hottest of temperatures. Plus, it has great water absorption to combat against rain, wet shoes, or spills. Each mat is machine-washable for easy cleaning. And best of all, its funny design is sure to make your house the coolest in the neighborhood.
Our editors love finding you the best products and offers! If you purchase something by clicking on one of the affiliate links on our website, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
- 1It’s Black Business Month, So Let’s Go Shopping and #BuyBlack!
- 2These Home Decor Items Will Instantly Make Your Space Look Outdated
- 3Black-Owned Home Decor Stores To Support Across the United States
- 47 Black and Multicultural Designers To Follow For Design Inspo
- 5Inside Frogmore Cottage: What We’d Take With Us If We Were Harry and Meghan
by Arielle Clay | January 19, 2023
FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM
Find us on social for more home inspiration where culture, personal style, and sophisticated shopping intersect to help you create a home where you love to live.