Van life is taking over social media. But it isn’t just a popular buzzword, it’s a literal way of life for many people. According to Yahoo! Finance, the number of people switching to the nomadic lifestyle jumped by 63% since 2020. And the lifestyle is so popular that a growing number of van life influencers are starting to pop up as well. But why?
Why the Van Life Trend Is Growing
Exploring the world from the comfort of your home sounds like a dream come true for many people, which is a big reason why van life is so popular. But it isn’t the only reason. In fact, there are quite a few perks that come with transitioning to a more nomadic lifestyle. Take a look:
- Freedom and Flexibility: Living the van life means you can travel wherever you want, whenever you want without worrying about paying rent or mortgage.
- Lower Cost of Living: Without a monthly mortgage, you can save a lot of money. Plus, you can use the extra cash to make your travel experience even better.
- Being Outdoors: Van lifers live among nature and have access to the best remote spots for a true private getaway.
- Digital Nomadism: A rise in remote work enables people to work from their van so they can explore the world.
- Adventure: Adventure is never too far away when you’re traveling the world and experiencing new people, places, and cultures.
- Community: Van lifers have built a super strong community of people who encourage, inspire, and connect with each other during their travels.
4 Black ‘Van Life’ Influencers To Follow ASAP
The van life is trending online and IRL — and for good reason. The lifestyle not only frees you from the grind of everyday life, but it’s also a lot more affordable if you do it right. If you’re considering making the switch from normal life to van life, here are four Black van life influencers to follow for more inspiration:
Adventure Time Loui
Adventure Time Loui is a channel that follows California native Loui and her pup William as they travel the world in her camper, one mile at a time.
Housing in California is very expensive—so expensive, that many people are forced out onto the streets. So when Loui and her family had trouble securing quality affordable housing, they made the switch to van life instead. But little did she know her decision to move would be her best one yet.
Today, you can tag along with Loui on her van life adventures, from Jeep camping at Walmart to ice skating in Alaska.
Let’s Turn It Up World
If you’re looking to have fun, look no further than Let’s Turn It Up World, a YouTube channel run by the super fun-loving husband and wife tag-team Tanya and Dave.
When it comes to living life to the fullest, this hilarious couple knows exactly how it’s done. And with each episode, they take their viewers along for the ride, too — from exploring historic locations in Arizona to surviving winter snow storms in the mountains.
You can learn a lot about RV life from watching their videos, especially if you’re new to the van life. Or for more seasoned digital nomads, their blog is filled to the brim with helpful tips and tricks they’ve learned along their journey so you can avoid the common hurdles before they happen.
Whether they’re stargazing in Utah or taste-testing local Las Vegas eateries, with Let’s Turn It Up World, fun is always on the agenda.
Irie to Aurora
Noami Grevemberg is a lot of things: world traveler, activist, van life influencer, and most importantly, a dog mom to her adorable pup Amara. Together, the two hit the road to discover incredible people and cultures in their comfy, cozy van.
To say this pair is committed to the game is an understatement. They even started an entire van life community dedicated to it. You can find out more from Noami and her fur baby Amara at Diversity Vanlife, or check out her book “Living the Van Life” available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Bookshop.
winterisblu is a YouTube channel that follows Matéo and his cat Lars as they navigate the highs (and lows) of living on the road. After leaving the busy LA music scene, this travel enthusiast set his sights on exploring the world, one mile at a time.
From camping in the mountains to eating tacos on the beach, this van lifer shows us that there’s more to life than the 9-5 grind.
- 1It’s Black Business Month, So Let’s Go Shopping and #BuyBlack!
- 2These Home Decor Items Will Instantly Make Your Space Look Outdated
- 3Black-Owned Home Decor Stores To Support Across the United States
- 47 Black and Multicultural Designers To Follow For Design Inspo
- 5Inside Frogmore Cottage: What We’d Take With Us If We Were Harry and Meghan
Home is a safe place where relationships flourish and the cornerstone of neighborhoods. We believe it’s the setting that surrounds your phenomenal story.
by Arielle Clay | January 19, 2023
Whether it’s luxury or ease, every area of your home should be as fabulous and unique as you.
FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM
Find us on social for more home inspiration where culture, personal style, and sophisticated shopping intersect to help you create a home where you love to live.